The Ames Roller Derby League consists of one team the Skunk River Riot, which is a registered not-for-profit 501c3 organization. We hope to have more teams in the future!
The mission and purpose of the Ames Roller Derby Association is to:
(1) Facilitate and promote the development and continuation of the roller derby sport within and around the Ames community.
(2) Create a community and space where people of diverse backgrounds feel empowered, affirmed, and accepted.
Email: amesrda (at sign) gmail (dot) com
Message us on Facebook!
Our league benefits both the team and our surrounding community by:
(1) Creating a community of players where people can gain positive self-development skills including team-building skills, the ability to try out something new, relationship-building, a sense of challenge, and increased social interaction.
(2) Contributing to the development of healthy communities by offering a space where people can improve the physical aspects of their health including improved strength, balance, and endurance and also the mental aspects of their health including increased self-confidence, self-love, enjoyment, and fun; developing and sustaining a positive body image; developing a sense of belonging; and stress relief
(3) Giving back to the community by creating family-friendly events through our bouts